13 years + (guidance only)
Overview and objectives
- To create all-round, experienced swimmers with the ability to compete at Regional and County level, whilst looking to aspire and achieve at National level.
- 15½ hours of pool training sessions are available each week.
- Swimmers in this squad are aiming to achieve and maintain Southeast Region Championship qualifying times, Kent County times and with the potential to post ranking times in the relevant window for the British Championships and Home Nation Meets.
Swimmers are expected and encouraged to compete at the following events throughout the season where applicable or advised by their coach:
- Club Championships
- Maidstone Level 3 Open Meet
- Medway Championships
- County Championships
- Regional Championships
- British Summer and Home Nation Meets
- Arena League
- Regular attendance at Level 2 or 3 Open Meets
Aims, commitment and attitude
- Swimmers MUST maintain a minimum attendance of 10 hours per week.
- Swimmers must be capable of managing the demands of training at the level appropriate to the squad and maintain their performance levels at all sessions.
- Swimmers are required to achieve at least one Regional time and maintain several Kent County Championships qualifying times.
- Swimmers must regularly attend land-based strength and conditioning training.
- Swimmers are expected to show a positive attitude and total commitment to training, and swimming as a sport, along with a desire to improve and progress to the next level (Regional and National).
- Swimmers are expected to represent and be available as required for Maidstone Swimming Club team events.
- Swimmers are expected to be respectful to other club members, coaches, volunteers and officials.
- Exemplary behaviour is expected and swimmers must abide by the ‘Club Code of Conduct’ on the understanding that they are representing the club at all times.