14 years + (guidance only)
Overview and objectives
- To cater for swimmers aiming towards or maintaining County level participation.
- To further develop and consolidate technical skills in the four disciplines, their competitive development and race preparation.
- Swimmers in this squad are aiming to achieve and maintain Kent County Championship qualifying times.
- 10¼ hours of pool training sessions are available each week.
Swimmers are expected and encouraged to compete at the following events throughout the season where applicable or advised by their coach:
- Club Championships
- Time Trials
- Maidstone Level 3 Open Meet
- Medway Championships
- County Championships
- Arena League
- Regular attendance at Level 3 Open Meets
Aims, commitment and attitude
- Swimmers MUST maintain a minimum attendance of 8 hours per week.
- Swimmers are aiming to achieve and maintain a minimum of four Kent County Championships qualifying times.
- Swimmers must regularly attend land-based strength and conditioning training.
- Swimmers are expected to show a positive attitude and total commitment to training, and swimming as a sport, along with a desire to improve and progress to the next level (County).
- Swimmers must be capable of managing the demands of training at the level appropriate to the squad and maintain their performance levels at all sessions.
- Swimmers are expected to represent and be available as required for Maidstone Swimming Club team events.
- Swimmers are expected to be respectful to other club members, coaches, volunteers and officials.
- Exemplary behaviour is expected and swimmers must abide by the ‘Club Code of Conduct’ on the understanding that they are representing the club at all times.