11 years + (guidance only)
Overview and objectives
- Swimmers must have legal strokes in all four disciplines.
- To further develop and consolidate technical skills in these disciplines, their competitive development and race preparation.
- Swimmers in this squad are aiming to achieve and maintain Kent County Championship and South East Regional qualifying times.
- Swimmers can be awarded for their progress by achieving Swim England Competitive Performance Awards in all disciplines and distances.
- 8 hours of pool training sessions are available each week.
Swimmers are expected and encouraged to compete at the following events throughout the season where applicable or advised by their coach:
- Club Championships
- Time Trials
- Maidstone Level 3 Open Meet
- Medway Championships
- County Championships
- Regional Championships
- Kent Junior League
- Arena League
- Regular attendance at Level 2 or 3 Open Meets
Aims, commitment and attitude
- Swimmers MUST maintain a minimum attendance of 6 hours per week.
- Swimmers must be committed to their on-going development and must be capable of managing the demands of training at the level appropriate to the squad and maintain their performance levels at all sessions.
- Swimmers are required to achieve and maintain a minimum of four Kent County Championships qualifying times.
- Swimmers (aged 12 years and older) must regularly attend land-based strength and conditioning training.
- Swimmers are expected to show a positive attitude and total commitment to training, and swimming as a sport, along with a desire to improve and progress to the next level (Regional and National).
- Swimmers are expected to represent and be available as required for Maidstone Swimming Club team events.
- Swimmers are expected to be respectful to other club members, coaches, volunteers and officials.
- Exemplary behaviour is expected and swimmers must abide by the ‘Club Code of Conduct’ on the understanding that they are representing the club at all times.