Lead Coach: Lisa Booth
10 to 13 years (guidance only)
Overview and Objectives
- To prepare swimmers for competition at County and Regional level across the multi-discipline events and distances.
- To further develop and consolidate technical skills in the four disciplines, their competitive development and race preparation.
- 10 hours of pool training sessions are available each week.
- Swimmers in this squad are aiming to achieve and maintain Kent County and South East Regional Championship qualifying times.
Swimmers are expected and encouraged to compete at the following events throughout the season where applicable or advised by their coach:
- Club Championships
- Time Trials
- Maidstone Level 3 Open Meet
- Medway Championships
- County Championships
- Regional Championships
- Kent Junior League (where relevant)
- Arena League
- Regular attendance at Level 2 or 3 Open Meets
Aims, Commitment and Attitude
- Swimmers MUST maintain a minimum attendance of 7 hours per week.
- Swimmers must be capable of managing the demands of training at the level appropriate to the squad and maintain their performance levels at all sessions.
- Swimmers are required to achieve and maintain a minimum of one Kent County Championship qualifying times.
- Swimmers (aged 12 years and older) must regularly attend land-based strength and conditioning training.
- Swimmers are expected to show a positive attitude and total commitment to training, and swimming as a sport, along with a desire to improve and progress to the next level (Regional and National).
- Swimmers are expected to represent and be available as required for Maidstone Swimming Club team events.
- Swimmers are expected to be respectful to other club members, coaches, volunteers and officials.
- Exemplary behaviour is expected and swimmers must abide by the ‘Club Code of Conduct’ on the understanding that they are representing the club at all times.