9 years + (guidance only)
Overview and objectives
- Swimmers are working towards achieving the Swim England Club Awards.
- To develop and consolidate the technical skills in all four disciplines in preparation for competitive swimming and the training requirements of the subsequent competition squads.
- Identifying swimmer potential.
- Swimmers are working towards achieving the Swim England Competitive Start Awards.
- 3 hours of pool training sessions are available each week.
Swimmers are expected and encouraged to compete at the following events throughout the season where applicable or advised by their coach:
- Time Trials
- Club Championships
- Maidstone Level 3 Open Meet
- Development Meets
- Medway Championships
Aims, commitment and attitude
- Swimmers MUST maintain a minimum attendance of 2 hours per week.
- Swimmers are aiming to achieve personal best times.
- Swimmers must be capable of maintaining their training levels at all sessions.
- Swimmers are expected to show a total commitment to their on-going development and training, and swimming as a sport, along with a desire to improve and progress to the next level.
- Swimmers are expected to represent and be available as required for Maidstone Swimming Club team events.
- Swimmers are expected to be respectful to other club members, coaches, volunteers and officials.
- Exemplary behaviour is expected and swimmers must abide by the ‘Club Code of Conduct’ on the understanding that they are representing the club at all times.