The most important thing to remember is that, whilst many of the restrictions we have grown used to are being lifted, this does not represent a complete return to normal. As we go through this period of adjustment, our priority will always be the safety of our swimmers, divers, coaches, teachers and volunteers.
Government guidance emphasises personal responsibility. We encourage you to be considerate of fellow club members, parents, carers and other users of our training venues who may be taking a more cautious approach.
Before you attend any lesson or training session, please do still check your temperature before you leave home. If above 37.5° then do not attend. Whilst face coverings and two-metre social distancing will no longer be mandatory, we know that for many these practices continue to provide reassurance for when they are in public places. For the immediate future, face coverings are encouraged indoors at all our training venues for those age 11+, unless we are aware that you are medically exempt.
From 16 August, club members who are fully vaccinated or aged under 18 years and 6 months are not required to self-isolate if they are a contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID.
Even if you are vaccinated, you can still be infected with COVID and pass it on to others. If you are identified as a contact of someone with COVID but you are not required to self-isolate, you can help protect others by following guidance on how to stay safe and help prevent the spread.
If you are regularly taking part in asymptomatic testing using LFD tests, please continue to do so.
Parents of all swimmers, regardless of age, must be fully contactable at all times and have updated their emergency contact details on Swim Club Manager.
Mandatory Online Declarations
Swimmers who have recently joined the club, or who have not yet returned, are required to complete the Return to Training Health Declaration. Poolside volunteers and coaches should complete the Return Health Declaration.
If anything changes once the declarations have been submitted, it is your responsibility to inform the club immediately and complete the COVID Incident Form if applicable.
COVID Incident Form
For those who have been notified to isolate, or have suspected or confirmed COVID, or have family members with suspected or confirmed COVID, please complete the relevant section of the online form.
Once the form has been completed, the return to training date will be confirmed.
Please be aware that the isolation period for the club is 10 clear days. The first day starts the day following the last contact with the COVID positive person. The return to club training is therefore not before the 11th day.
Lead COVID Officer
Maidstone Leisure Centre
Following leisure centre guidance, we are encouraging our members to wear face coverings and socially distance where possible.
- Squad swimmers and divers will be able to access the changing facilities pre and post training sessions. There will be no holding area in the café.
- Please arrive “beach ready” no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled training session.
- Please use the anti-bac sanitiser provided at the entrance to the leisure centre on arrival.
- You may enter poolside 10 minutes before your session starts to commence pre-pool.
- Bags should be left safely at the side.
- Once your training session has finished you may use the showers and changing rooms.
Rochester Maths School
- Entry to the pool will revert to as it was pre-COVID. This will be via the stairs we used as part of our one-way system exit route after returning from the first lockdown in 2020.
- Swimmers should arrive “beach ready” 10 to 15 minutes before the start of their session.
- Swimmers can make their way poolside directly upon arrival to commence pre-pool.
- Until swimmers are able to use the changing facilities, swimmers will be preparing for their session entry and exit on poolside. Therefore, there will be no seating or space for spectators.
Sutton Valence School
- There will be no changes to our current COVID protocols and entry/exit procedures for this training venue over the summer period.
- Swimmers should arrive “beach ready” no earlier than 5 to 10 minutes before the start of their session.
- When lining up outside the entrance to the pool building, the swimmers must not congregate in groups facing each other with no distance between them.
- Swimmers should line up one behind the other no less than 1m+ apart facing towards the entrance, keeping to the side with their face coverings on.
- At this present time, squad parents will not be allowed to spectate. If you are waiting in the car park for the duration of the session, you must remain in your car.
Learn to Swim & Academy
- Swimmers should arrive “beach ready” with their parent/carer at Maidstone Leisure Centre.
- We ask that you enter the leisure centre no earlier than 10 to 15 minutes before your lesson starts.
- Parents and swimmers must use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry to the leisure centre.
- Please go directly to the changing facilities to prepare your swimmer for their lesson.
- Please ask your swimmer to wait on the benches provided poolside by the boom pool for their lesson. Once your swimmer has been seated, you should make your way to the balcony area or the seated area by the glass window for the teaching pools.
- Once you have collected your swimmer via the changing facilities at the end of their lesson, you may use the showers and changing rooms.
Return to Training after Recovering from COVID
If you are returning to the pool after recovering from COVID, you will be required to complete the Swim England Return to Training form. Once the form has been completed and returned, you will receive an email from the LCO confirming that your swimmer will be able to resume their training sessions.